PEFCU – Publix Employees Federal Credit Union is a Chartered Federal Non-Profit Co-operative Association that was founded in 1957. Its main mission was for the Publix Employees to receive quality services in terms of their financial needs.
It is a financially stable organization that strictly adheres to the accepted credit union operating standards and has got around 7 branches so far, and an asset base that is worth more than $600,000.
One of the products they offer their members is the Publix Employees Federal Credit Union Credit Card that is ideal for all sorts of transactions. In this review, we take a look at this card, especially the benefits it has to offer and how to become a member of the Credit Union in order to apply for the card.
PEFCU ScoreCard Credit Card Benefits and Features
No Annual Fees
The card is free for all, and this means that you shall not be charged any fees at the end of the year for using the card. This is a pretty special benefit for the card users as it helps them save plenty of money in terms of annual fees.
No Balance Transfer Fees
If you wish to transfer a large purchase balance onto the card, you would do this at no fees at all. Again this saves you several hundred dollars that you would otherwise spend on balance transfers.
Their rewards program enables you to earn points every time you use the card to pay for purchases. The cardholders can then redeem these points for merchandise, travel points, cashback, and some select gift cards.
Visa Platinum Benefits
The Visa logo on the card enables you to use this credit card on any terminal that allows Visa. This also opens you up to the world as many countries use Visa Cards. You can travel with the card and still manage to get funds wherever you may be.
The PEFCU App
The Credit Union has an app that you can download on your phone and use to monitor the activities of your account. By downloading the app, you shall be able to get some real-time alerts each time you use the card.
Publix Employees Federal Credit Union ScoreCard Credit Card Fees
When applying for a credit card, it is important to be aware of the fees and interest charged. Below is a list of fees that come with the PEFCU ScoreCard Credit Card.
- Purchase APR – charged at either 9.90%, or 10.50%, or 10.90%.
- Balance Transfer APR – charged at either 9.90%, or 10.50%, or 10.90%.
- Annual card fee – charged at $0.
- Foreign transaction fee – charged at 1% for all transactions in US dollars.
- Late payment fee – charged up to $20.
- Return payment penalty fee – charged up to $25.
Publix Employees Federal Credit Union ScoreCard Credit Card Eligibility
In order to apply for this card, you must ensure to first meet the following criteria.
- Must be a current PEFCU member.
- Must be in good standing with the Credit Union.
- Must be a resident of the US.
- Must have a compatible smartphone – either IOS or Android-powered.
- Must have standard internet connectivity.
How to Apply for a Publix Employees Federal Credit Union ScoreCard Credit Card
In order to apply for this card, you must first be a member of the Credit union.
- Follow this link to send an application online.
- Or you can call this number – 1 800 226 6673, and ask them to send you an application form through your email.
- You can also print the application and sign it here. And then you email it to the nearest PEFCU branch.
- You could also visit the local branch in person to apply.
- Deposit $5 in the account.
- Download the app, and apply for the credit card.
You should also log on to the Publix Employees Federal Credit Union website to find out more about the card and fill out the application form.
Publix Employees Federal Credit Union Address and Contact Information
To find out more about the Publix Employees Federal Credit Union ScoreCard Credit Card, it is advisable to contact the company directly. Publix Employees Federal Credit Union can be contacted using the following details.
Address: 3005 New Tampa Highway, Lakeland, FL 33815
Phone: +1 800 226 6673
This credit card is ideal for existing Publix employees in Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Carolinas, and Virginia. If you are looking for a card that has a low APR and long-term interest, then you could consider this particular one. All the best.
Disclaimer: There are risks involved when applying for and using credit products. Ensure you consult the bank’s terms and conditions page before agreeing to anything.