The SunTrust Bank Credit Card is a secure card that earns you cash rewards.
The SunTrust Credit Card can be used to earn cashback on purchases made for gas and groceries. We have rounded up all the information you need about this cash rewards credit card.
The SunTrust Bank Credit Card has a whole host of benefits and perks. Take a look at the list below for more info.
Benefits of the Card
This card earns you 2% cashback when you spend the first $6,000 on all qualifying grocery and gas purchases in the first year.
Interest in Security Deposit
The bank will require you to make a deposit that is equivalent to the approved card limit. The best part about this is that the deposit will earn you interest as long as it remains in the account. If, however, you change to an unsecured card, then you will not need a deposit.
As a cardholder, you can take advantage of other benefits such as the FICO credit scores, which you will receive on a monthly basis.
Cash in even more rewards with bank cash bonuses of either 10%, 25%, or 50% of the deposit amount in your SunTrust account. You can redeem the cash benefits through your savings or money market accounts.
There are hundreds of ways you can redeem the cash rewards including travel, e-gift cards, and many more. Visit the website rewards section to see what else they have on offer.
Credit Lock Services
The bank allows you to lock and unlock your credit card in case you misplace it. You will also put a hold on the spending. When you lock the card, you will prevent any unauthorized transactions to give you peace of mind.
Optional Overdraft Protection
You can opt to have overdraft protection on your checking account with SunTrust. This means that you are covered in case you overdraw your account, for one reason or another.
Fees and Charges
Take a look at the below list for all fees and charges.
- Annual Fee – This is charged at $32
- APR – You will be charged at the rate of 19.99% p.a
- Balance Transfer Fee – This is charged at either $10 or 3%, whichever is higher
- Cash Advance Fee – charged at either $10 or 4%, whichever is higher
- Foreign Transaction Fee – zero
- Penalty APR – 0%
How to Apply
Card applications take place on the company website. Follow the below steps to apply.
- You will be required to fill in the application form with your personal information including your name, address, and Social Security Number.
- The application will also require your income details which will include your deposit amount. The amount of deposit you have in the account determines your credit limit.
- Basically, secured credit cards do not have too many requirements as the card is already secured by the deposit.
- Please note that you must be at least 18 years of age, and a resident of the US.
The card comes with some application restrictions if you are not a SunTrust bank customer. If you do not bank with them, you must be a resident of either Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Maryland, Tennessee, South Carolina, West Virginia, or Washington D.C. to apply for the card.
US residents who are already banking with SunTrust and do not live in any of the areas listed above, will still be eligible for the card except for those who live in Vermont. For more information, simply log onto the SunTrust Bank website.
Customer service number 870-772-0222
303 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, Georgia 30308
If you are interested in a credit card that offers cashback rewards and other benefits, then this card should certainly be on your radar. Just ensure that you meet the location requirements, if you are not a customer of the bank.
Disclaimer: There are risks involved when applying for and using credit. Consult the bank’s terms and conditions page for more information.